If you are a beginner who needs a solid grounding in the best practices for creating websites, this book is for you. Written by innovative curriculum developer and university web instructor Thomas Michaud, this book provides an accessible yet comprehensive look at web design and front-end coding, covering HTML, CSS, design principles and more.
You’ll learn HTML semantics, structure, and validation, and how to separate content from design using CSS (levels 1, 2, and 3). Online videos and code examples let you follow along and practice with the code. Some of the other things you’ll learn about include:
- text elements, links, objects, and tables
- using the box model for background images, padding, borders, and margins
- fixed vs. liquid page layout
- choosing between different navigation models
- creating and styling forms
Foundations of Web Design is an indispensable resource to quickly take you from sketching to coding.